June 26 through August 24, 2024
Virtual Camp Will will be quite similar to the garden’s format.
- Just like last summer, each day begins with theater and improvisation games, followed by a workshop that focuses on a specific acting skill.
- After the daily workshop, campers separate into different groups to rehearse scenes.
- Younger students work independently with their director to approach Shakespeare’s scenes through rhythm, playful language exercises, and Story Drama.
- Older students work with their director on vocal and physical techniques that enrich the meaning of Shakespeare’s text.
- Camp Will culminates with students sharing their work in a Greenshare performance of scenes and monologues.
- Camp Will Teaching Artists are made up of familiar and friendly faces: Elyse, Scott, Jarrod, and Selma.
New for 2020:
The week before your session starts, you will receive a Camp Will Kit with tools for your session including scripts, support materials, props, and your Door Shakespeare t-shirt. Campers will have a little gift to open each day of the session. Some items will be used during the day’s workshop — others will be a little something to enjoy as a memory of working together.
Camp Will campers will need access to a computer or tablet with a camera, and the internet. Family members may share their devices.
The weekend before your session, take part in an orientation to meet your teaching artists and get familiar with the virtual platform.
The virtual platform allows us to work on specialized techniques unique to a video classroom: clown work, juggling, puppetry, commercial, and film.
When we rehearse our scenes, we will go into breakout rooms (video conferencing sessions that split off from the main session).
Video Conferencing is high energy work! Therefore, sessions will be shorter this year in order to maximize the quality of our time together.
- Greenshare scenes are filmed and edited together with additional camp footage from the week. You will have a video link to share with your family, friends, and fans!
- Meet famous friends during break time Q & A sessions! Camp Will Teaching Artists work all over the country and meet all sorts of wonderful people in the theatre business. This summer, special friends drop by each session to meet you and chat about theatre.
- Camp Will Talent Show: Share your work from plays and musicals, solo and ensemble work, recitals and other performance opportunities that didn’t have an audience this spring.
Meet the Camp Will Teaching Artists
Camp Director Elyse Edelman
“I just love teaching theatre. The students and families that I’ve gotten to know are a big reason I love teaching at Camp Will year after year. I love tracking the growth of every student and welcoming new young people into our company.”
Scott McKenna Campbell, Teaching Artist
“The smallest campers will not try to steal my bandana this year! Or will they…? Oscar Wilde is quoted as saying, ‘I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.’ I think that’s probably true, and probably enough reason to share a passion for theatre with younger people.”
Jarrod Langwinski, Teaching Artist
“I teach theatre because I know what it is like to be on the other side of it and how important the right teacher can be to an artist’s growth. Being trained on the guidelines of ‘a critical mind and a generous heart,’ I believe that I have some of the tools beneficial to both providing a stable and relatable learning format as well as one that can be entertaining.”
Selma Rivera, Teaching Apprentice
“For me, Camp Will has always been a place of joy, growth, and learning. I love getting to share a space with all of the amazing teachers and students at Camp Will and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be a Teaching Apprentice this summer!”
Just the Facts…
- Use the online link.
- Mail in your registration form with tuition to PO Box 351, Baileys Harbor WI 54202.
- Call 920.854.7111 and leave a message. We will return your call from our home offices.